EY provides an opportunity for young specialists to join Climate Change and Sustainability Services team of EY Baku Office. We are actively developing services in the field of non-financial reporting and audit services meanwhile providing advisory services to businesses to be compliant with local legislation and international standards on the topics such as environmental protection, labour practices, industrial safety taking into account interests of businesses and wider stakeholder community. At the same time, we work with governmental institutions to improve legislative base, develop and implement various policy measures, initiatives, programs aiming at improvement of sustainability related issues in the country.
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of CCaSS team, you will be actively involved in the provision of client related services as well as sustainability market analysis and research. You will also assist in the preparation of quality, practical approaches tailored to the client's economic, social, and environmental needs.
Your key responsibilities
As a CCaSS team-member, you’ll be expected to ensure that all the required work output is delivered in a timely manner in line with or exceeding the key performance expectations assigned for you position. Participation in the sustainability related advisory projects, as well as the development and assurance of the public non-financial reports, including participation in interviews; collection and analysis of the required supporting information; analysis of the clients’ business processes and reporting procedures are must for this position.
Skills and attributes for success
· Participating in the identification and analysis of the clients’ sustainability risks
· Analyzing major client documentation on sustainability, environmental, occupational health and safety performance, management and reporting as well as identifying and analyzing the best practices
· Developing formal correspondence with clients and preparing the required project documentation in compliance with the internal procedures
· Assisting in preparation of analytical conclusions and recommendations for clients
· Assisting in development of presentations and trainings for clients and other interested parties
· Conducting the market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities and information required to win the market and improvement strategies for our clients
· Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with the client personnel
· Working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining positive communication with other team members
· Being proactive and initiate self-development to constantly improve professional and personal skills
· Demonstrating an understanding of the workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in the field of Environment, Management, Social Sciences, Public Relations, Strategic Marketing, Business Consulting or a related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal knowledge of English, Azerbaijani and Russian
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Preferably good knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative guidelines (G4) and standard, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the new environment and work in multinational teams
- Effective time management and planning skills
- High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
- Ability to work under the pressure
- Ability to travel
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect some autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. We are looking for flexible professionals who have the ability to work in shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You will need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time.
What working at EY can offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, a minimum of three weeks of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you.
· Working in the different projects and companies from various industries in Azerbaijan and CIS as well as international organizations and non-financial institutions
· Access to the international network of sustainability experts and opportunity for knowledge sharing with the specialists from 140 countries of the world
· Knowledge about the latest sustainability s and trends
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
The deadline for submission of applications is 20 August, 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.